Did you know? According to WordPress survey, it’s estimated that over 59.3 million posts are published in WordPress hosted website and nearly 409 million peoples view 21.5 billion pages every month. Blogging is the best place to share your thoughts, experience & views to the world. In last few decades, the blogging culture has increased at a rapid pace, and it becomes a primary source of earning in some countries. Websites like Huffington, Engadget, Moz & TechCrunch are the top example of highest earning blogging portals in the world. However, all of these websites start from a single post. If you are planning to start your blog; then this is the perfect time to begin.
81% of online consumers trust information found on blogs. In fact, 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.75% of people never scroll past the first page in search results and 80% of people ignore Google ads, despite the jump Google ads are expected to see this upcoming year.
Before starting your blogging site; first, you need to understand the various types of blogs. There are different types of the blogging site; that offers a different set of information to the user. We will highlight the top primary types of blogging site; that widely used on the internet. These are:-
- Personal Blog
- Business Blog
- Professional Blog
- Niche Blog
- Reverse Blog
- Affiliate Blog
- Media Blog
There are many benefits of blogging, for example, the business website can generate inbound links. Blogging improves site organic traffic; and diverts relevant traffic to your targeted pages. Content marketing is an essential part of any business marketing strategy; most of the content marketing strategies begin with blogging. Business takes advantage of the content marketing opportunity to reach more market segments, build a relationship and generates leads. The various format of blogging such as case study, market research, promotional offers, review, and news; mostly used by the business.
Blogging is a part of everyone life, from large-scale business to individual blogger. Personal blogging offers an opportunity to express thoughts through words; it also helps the blogger to manage words systematically. Writing blog post supports the blogger to build a strong personal brand and share expertise with the audience. Writing blog post gives the blogger an opportunity; to research and stay connected to the real world, it also reduces stress, and help them to make money.
If you are thinking to start a blog, here are few tips to run a successful blog
- Find a Suitable Name: Before selecting your blog domain name, focus on the purpose of creating your blog site and its target audience. If, you are going to write or publish the post related to a specific topic; then you can choose a common domain name associated with your industry. If, your blog is going to be a unique content based site; then you can select a unique domain name for it. Make sure you cross verify; whether your desired domain name is already registered or not. Some popular blog domain search engine is.
- Lean Domain Search
- Domains Bot
- Get a Good Design: Choose your website theme wisely, and test the theme properly before installing on your site. There are various tools and plugins available online to test any theme such as theme cake. Make a checklist list of features like color, design & column you want on your blog; and search your theme based on this checklist. In the online platform, you will get two types of theme based on pricing, Free and Paid. I would recommend you to choose paid theme option for more flexibility & better future.
- Write a Good Content: Writing content is difficult; because of various factors involved in making an article interesting and user-friendly. Nowadays, a user finds tons of blog post in the search engine on a topic, but only a few articles he/she like most and Did you why?. Because, those articles are based on market research, expertise and knowledge base. To make your website impressive and improve readability, follow these basic rules before writing any blog post.
- Search Social Media and find trending topic.
- Use tool to generate the unique title.
- Focus on competitor in site blog and outside promotional content.
- Maintain the flow of your content.
- Use statics & facts to make your content more relevant.
- Social Media Tools: Social media is the best place to stay connected with trending topics. People share, read, ask and express their views on Social Media; and publisher study this information and provide the best solution based on their requirement through content. The various section is available in the Social Media to search content idea like community, influencer & people who follow you.
- Hosting Service Provider: Selecting a good hosting provider is difficult; you need to stay updated with all latest hosting features and pricing. Many hosting providers claim to provide the best plan at an affordable price. However, not all providers offer the same service as they mentioned on their website and, here the main confusion arises. The excellent site brings traffic and sales to your business. Few things you need to keep mind, before selecting any hosting plan.
- First time & Renewals Charges
- Server Location
- Server Downtime
- Hardware Specification
- Control Panel
- Refund Policy
- Disk Space
- Customer Support
- Offer Security: Trust is the essential elements of any goal completion. Blogger often collect user details like name, email address and payment information for paid subscription purpose. However, all these things are confidential, and a user does not provide such information until he/she trust your website. An SSL Certificate works very well in this scenario. It’s a small file that encrypts all the information; travel between user browser and server and provide security and trust. You can purchase SSL Certificate from Cheap SSL Shop at a just $7 per year price.
- Email Marketing: Due to increasing in email user worldwide; email marketing is the best low-cost option to maintain a long-term relationship with new and existing user. Most of the blogger run the email newsletter campaign and send daily, weekly or monthly emails to keep their user updated with the latest information through news, and reviews publish on their website. Email campaigns are affordable and easy to track. Therefore you can easily customize your email campaign based on requirement. You can set different email campaign for various sets of the group, based on their preference.
- Responsive Design: A site only called perfect; when it is compatible with all devices like computer, laptop, mobile, and tablet. Responsive design is the best option for a website; because it’s working correctly on every device. A responsive design website offers freedom to their user to access your site from any devices at any time and reduces bounce rate and improve conversion rate.
To user-friendly article; always stay updated with latest marketing tactics. Focus on your competitor; and stay connected to social media platform like Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn. You can also join different groups and find content idea and solution. Always do proper research, before writing on any topic.